Ensure success by inspiring students and addressing barriers to learning.
Empowering all students to thrive in a diverse and ever-changing world.
Our Core Values
In all we do, the ACPS learning community strives to live these core values. We are…
- Welcoming: We take active steps to ensure all stakeholders feel welcomed in schools. We embrace everyone who comes through our doors and respect our differences because we believe our diversity is our greatest strength.
- Empowering: We inspire each student and staff member to thrive to their best abilities.
- Equity-Focused: We actively work to remove barriers to educational access.
- Innovative: We take initiative to solve problems in the classroom and across the system.
- Results-Driven: We set ambitious goals to learn, grow and achieve at high levels.
ACPS will build a culture of continuous improvement and design equitable systems for school and instructional improvement.
ACPS will ensure that all students have access to and engagement with high-quality instruction.
Student Accessibility and Support
ACPS will ensure students have equitable access to and engagement with programs and supports that reduce barriers to learning.
Strategic Resource Allocation
ACPS will strategically provide differentiated resources and supports to schools and departments.
Family and Community Engagement
ACPS will ensure that all families and community members feel welcomed, respected, and valued.
Student enrollment: 15,588 (as of September 30, 2020)
Student Demographics (as of September 30, 2020)
- Asian: 5.5%
- Black: 25.8%
- Hispanic: 36.9%
- White: 28.1%
- Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander: <1%
- Native American: <1%
- Multi-racial: 3.3%
Number of Schools
- 1 Pre-K
- 12 Elementary
- 2 K-8
- 2 Middle
- 1 High School (4 campuses)
- 18 Total